Sunday, April 8, 2012

Computer's and Stuff

A dinosaur of a comptuer

I am sitting in the front of my computer screen. It's a windows box, but I hate windows. Instead of windows, I use Slackware Linux on my personal desktop. And yet, because of problems with my personal one, I can only use the internet on this one. So I am forced into an uneasy truce between slackware linux, which I think is awesome, and Windows XP, which I tolerate.

I'm quite in the past, actually. My desktop computer is an older beast with outdated hardware. It has an AMD Athlon +2700 single core processor, which is ancient. The computer has about 80 gigabytes of hard drive and has about 1gig of ram! So it's a miracle that I am able to do all the stuff that I can do on that computer.

What do I use my computer for? Usually, I edit documents, create documents, and design graphics. I also try to do a bit of programming from time to time, but I not good at that. It's mostly great for just tinkering with, and it's lightning fast.

Not bad for a dinosaur. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment